Minutes for Monday, 5/6/13
- Kenduskeag Canoe Race was on April 20th and went very well. Starting line was a little weak
- MS Bike Tour in Bar Harbor will be on May 18th. Help needed. Will meet at Jordan's restaurant in Bar Harbor at 6 a.m. To volunteer please contact Ed WI1Z.
- Several members went on a field trip and gathered some analog TV transmission and
amplification gear. We are still sorting out exactly what we have and what we can use it for.
- Hamfest will be Sat. June 1st at Hermon High School. School will open at 6:30 a.m. and the
vendors and tailgaters can come at that time. Gate will be open to the public at 8 a.m. Balloon launch is on. KB2USA will purchase the Wouxun HT for the grand prize. WB1EMA will make up the programs. WI1Z will send out the club newsletter with Hamfest ad by mid May. Post cards will not be sent this year. KB2USA will email/mail Hamfest information to those not getting a
newsletter. We will meet at Dysarts in Bangor at 5:30 a.m. for breakfast. KB2USA will confirm with Hermon H.S. that a custodian will be there from 6:30 a.m. till 1 p.m. To help out, please contact Jerry K1GUP.
- Memorial Day Parade will be May 27th, 2013. Contact Steve KD1OM to help out.
- Nomination committee will be K1GUP & KB1UAS.
- Still discussing a new location to hold our monthly meetings after the BDN building is sold.
Barrows Hall at UMO was brought up for discussion. KD1OM has spoken with the leadership of the UMaine ARC W1YA and they are interested in collaborating with our club. Benefits include using their club station, combining some meetings, a source of possible speakers about projects, and an infusion of youth into the hobby. More to come. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let us know.
- Would like to have a BOD meeting before the regular meetings starting at 6:30 p.m. Will likely start in July.
- NEW PSARC T-shirts $12, Polo shirts $20 (Small - XL) Any shirt larger than XL will be $2.00 more per X size. PSARC Hats $10 each. Contact Ken Lewis or Tom Colavito.